Academic Affairs Committee
Klaus is a third year in the CLAS studying Astronomy-Physics while attempting astrochemistry research. He enjoys his time on Student Council serving the student body’s needs of academic pertinence. Outside of class and Student Council, Klaus enjoys reading, boating, and hanging out with friends. Klaus is a gentleman of Beta Theta Pi fraternity. Please let him know what he can do to help you!
Sky Miller is a Second Year in the College of Arts and Sciences who has been a part of Student Council since the start of his time at UVA. He plans to study Politics and Economics. Additionally, he is a Resident Advisor and is involved in a Christian Fellowship, Student tutoring and mentoring, International Relations Organization and the Wilson Journal of International Affairs. He is passionate about student governance and looks forward to the many initiatives the Academic Affairs Committee is planning for the 2012-2013 school year, such as Cavalier Education, Look Hoos Talking, Academic Advising and Student Research. Sky is eager to strengthen and improve the University Community. As he continues his time at UVA, he hopes to serve the student body effectively while growing personally.
The Academic Affairs Committee shall be responsible for addressing the academic and educational concerns of students, and advising the administration regarding the University’s academic policies.
Recent News & Updates:
- Undergraduate Research Network Symposium: Wednesday April 10th!
- Look Hoos Talking 2013
- Look Hoos Talking Ticket Requests!
- Ed(You)Cation Reminder: Tuesday at 6:30 in Newcomb Theatre!
- Ed(You)Cation: Liberal Arts at a Research Institution
Upcoming Events: [show-ics-events cal=2]
Past Committee initiatives include:
- Cavalier Education: a program where students work with the academic administration to create their own courses.
- Annual Commission of the University’s Present: an event where a panel of outstanding vice presidents, deans, and faculty members are present to discuss current and planned University programs and initiatives with students.
- Faculty Awards