Buddies On Call is a student run safety organization, facilitated by Student Council, catered to walking students home Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights before SafeRide begins service at 2am. This means that Buddies On Call will operate from 10pm-2am on all three of these nights to help create a safer community. The application to be a member of the executive board is due October 5th. Please Apply Here. The positions are as follows:
1. Co-Chairs (Jack Capra and Abraham Axler) – runs community outreach, plans snacks to be provided at meetings, plans the large group meetings at the beginning of the semester and end of semester banquets. Maintains standards of operations for the club. Also keeps an archive of all nightly activity time tables
2. Secretary (1) – Operates Listserv communicates with Head Operator and Head On Call when cancellations arise
3. Financial Officer (1) – Collects dues and tracks club expenses, gives expenses reports to president so the president can make decisions on events.
4. Head Operators (3) – One works each night (one for Thursday, one for Friday, one for Saturday), can decide amongst selves who works which night. Runs operator volunteering schedule, oversees operator training. In charge of google voice account and making sure operators on duty for a night are linked to the account.
5. Membership Chair (1) – Responsible for requirement of new club members and managing internal affairs of the club.
6. Head Buddies (3) – One works each night (one for Thursday, one for Friday, one for Saturday), can decide amongst selves who works which night. Collects and distributes IDs on operational nights. Runs Buddy Volunteering schedule, oversees On Call training