- Go to www.atuva.net. The registered financial officer of your CIO has to be the one to submit the budget.
- Click “My Shortcuts”
- Click the organization you represent
- Scroll down on your organization page, and click ‘Finance’
- Submit a budget, making sure to save the excel file as an .xls or an .xlxs file.
- Sign up for a hearing on www.timecenter.com/uvastudentcouncil
- For a youtube tutorial on the budget submission walk through, click on this link: Budget Walk-Through
(2) What are hearings?
- Hearings are scheduled for all CIO’s with submitted budgets. Hearings are held on Wednesdays from 6-8 PM. You can sign up for a hearing time as soon as you submit your budget online.
- Sign up for a hearing at www.timecenter.com/uvastudentcouncil
- (Scheduling software by TimeCenter)
(3) How do I prepare for a hearing?
- Make sure to provide the Appropriations team with all price quotes of items over $100 per unit. You can do this one of two ways:
- (1) Print all price quotes
- (2) Link all price quotes online under the “comments” section when you submit the budget
- Print out a copy of the budget to bring to the hearing
- Know specific dates when referring to your budget.
- Be as detailed as possible in explaining a line item in your budget. The more information you provide the Appropriations team, the more information they can use to help supplement your budget.
(4) How does the Appropriations process work?
- First, a CIO submits a budget.
- After the budget is submitted, the entire Appropriations committee reviews the budget.
- After the initial review, the Appropriations committee conducts hearings.
- After the Hearings, a final review is done by the Appropriations Co-Chairs and the Vice-President for Organizations.
(5) How do I know what is fundable and what isn’t fundable?
- Look at the SAF guidelines- use the SAF guidelines when submitting a budget, and your organization should be able to get the most out of Student Council.
(6) What if the event I planned didn’t happen?
- If you want to divert the funds you were awarded to another event/activity please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the completed Microsoft Word reallocation form as an attachment.
(7) Where do I get more information about the History of the SAF Guidelines, and the reimbursement aspect of it?
- Please watch the Appropriations Treasurers Presentations, for a History of the SAF Guidelines, and watch the Business Services Presentation, for the reimbursement part of the Appropriations Process.
(8) What if I don’t have the ‘Finance’ Tab on atuva.net?
- There are a few possibilities of what could have happened, first of all: make sure you are listed as the Financial Officer on www.atuva.net, in order to do this, have your Primary Officer click your name, and list the membership as ‘Financial Officer’
- If that doesn’t work, it could be possible that you have limited access, have your primary officer do the following:
1. Click Roster
2. Click ‘Manage Positions’
3. Click Financial Officer
4. Select ‘Limited Access’
5. Scroll down to Finance and select ‘Full’.
6. Click ‘Save’.
(9) Who do I contact if I have any more questions?
- Please email email@example.com with any questions. This email address goes to the Appropriations Co-Chairs, Mariana Cobo and Ashish Makadia, as well as the Vice-President for Organizations, Neil Branch.