CIO Consultants FAQ’s
1) How do I create a new CIO?
- The first step in creating a CIO is to make sure your organization meets 4 requirements
- (1) At least 51% of the group’s members must be students
- (2) The groups officers must all be full-time, fee-paying students
- (3) The group must keep an updated copy of its constitution on file at Student Council
- (4) The group must comply with the University’s Non-Discrimination Clause in their constitution.
- If all these requirements are met, you can begin the process.
- Go to www.atuva.net.
- Click “Log in”, the icon is located on the upper right hand of the page.
- Login using your netbadge credentials, and lick “Organizations”, which is the second tab from the left.
- On the left-hand side of the page you will see a box indicating “Register a New Organization”. Hit the “Register” button.
- Now you can begin the process of creating a new CIO. Follow all the steps, and then your organization will pend approval from Student Council.
2) What if I want to create a website for my CIO?
- Web services will be changing soon. More information will be posted in the next few weeks.
3) How do I create a tax ID for my organization? (Required to fundraise through Concessions)
- To obtain a tax id number you will need to visit the IRS website, here’s a link to a brief FAQ:http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98350,00.html
- If you want help through this process, contact the Business Services Office atsafbusiness@Virginia.edu and they will be able to help you.
4) How do I fundraise with Aramark, doing concessions?
- Email or call Brittany Chalkley at firstname.lastname@example.org and 434.243.4370 and inquire as to what open slots there are in the Concessions schedule.
5) What are the banking options that I have?
There are four convenient options for all CIOs for their banking needs.
*Bank of America
- The deposit required for a new accounts is now $100.
- These checking accounts now come with a debit-card which must be used at least once monthly in order to avoid the $13 monthly maintenance fee.
- Requires a $100 deposit to open an account.
- No minimum daily balance as long as you have less than 100 transactions per month.
***University of Virginia Community Credit Union
- CIO must join as a member
- Requires opening a Savings account with $100 deposit and a onetime $5 member fee.
- The Savings account MUST retain a $5 minimum balance at all times.
- The checking account also requires a $100 deposit to open – make sure it’s there “Economy Checking”.
- No minimum daily balance as long as you have less than 150 transactions per month.
- No Deposit Required
- To Access funds: You must complete a request form and submit it to Alumni Hall by noon on Tuesdays for pick-up on Thursdays after 2:00PM.
- There is a administrative fees assessed on a quarterly basis of $5
5) How do I renew my pre-existing CIO?
- First go to www.atuva.net and log on with your netbadge credentials
- Click ‘Organizations’
- Search for your organization using key words in the search box. (For example: If you are the Organization of Young Filipino Americans, type in ‘Filipino’, and your organization should come up).
- When you find your organization, click ‘Register this Organization’ button right under the description of your organization.
- Complete the registration process, and make sure to keep an updated copy of your constitution on file!
6) What if I have more questions?
If you have any more questions, please contact email@example.com