Our Safety and Wellness Committee will host its first annual Wellness Week March 29 through April 2.
Each day of Wellness Week will address characteristics of wellness. Topics include: healthy life coaching, yoga, personal safety instruction, nutritional food speeches, physical activities, and free giveaways.
- Monday will be “Stretch it Out Day” and two types of yoga classes will be offered
- Tuesday will be Personal Safety Day and a self-defense class will be given on the Lawn
- Wednesday will be Fitness Day and events will include a pull-up contest, a physical training class from a Navy SEAL, and Angie Hasseman will give a talk on nutrition
- Thursday will be Healthy Eating Day and a seminar will be given to teach students how to make healthy snacks
- Friday will be Mental Health Day and students will be able to play with SPCA puppies and participate in art therapy
Many Safety and Wellness initiatives have focused on safety, but Wellness Week will emphasize the importance of student health and wellness programs and activities. The Safety and Wellness Committee hopes to involve a wide-range of U.Va students in exciting, wellness-promoting activities. The Committee hopes to educate students this week about the multitude of wellness opportunities in Charlottesville. In the future, the Safety and Wellness Committee wishes to further educate students about wellness and they would like to continue to advocate student health and well-being.