Rolling Rounds vs. Semi-Annual Rounds
Four Rolling Rounds are held every semester. Hearings are usually held on Wednesday evenings with budgets being submitted the same day as hearings by noon. Please note that unspent Rolling Round I & II Allocations are returned to the Appropriation Committee at the relevant purchase request deadline, so be mindful of due dates.
Semi-Annual Rounds occur only once a semester. Fall budgets are submitted at the beginning of the Fall semester and Spring budgets are submitted at the end of the Fall Semester. All unspent allocations received from a Semi-Annual are returned to the Appropriation committee at the listed deadline at the end of the semester.
Which type of round is best for your CIO?
• Designed for CIOs programmatic in nature that may not plan far enough ahead for semi-annual budgeting.
• CIOs only have to apply for the rounds in which they need money. Groups may apply during as many rolling rounds in a given semester as they lie.
• These CIOs do not qualify for contingency funding for unpredicted expenses. However, these CIOs are eligible to re-allocate any un-used allocated funds up to the full cost of these unpredicted expenses.
• Groups have until the expiration of their allocations in which to spend their appropriated funds and request payment/reimbursement from ODOS Business Services. (November 1st for Rolling Round I & II and then thel ast day of the semester for Rolling Round III & IV)
• Designed for CIOS with predictable expenses for an entire semester. Often used by older CIOs or CIOs competitive in nature (i.e. club sports teams, mock trial teams, etc.)
• Groups that apply for semi-annualized funding forfeit their right to request money during Rolling Rounds.
• CIOs are eligible for contingency funding for emergency/unpredictable expenses. This only allowed on a rare basis and is subject to the discretion of the VPO. This applied for in conjunction with a Rolling Round. Groups must email the VPO prior to submitting a contingency budget in order to determine the validity of this emergency request.
• Groups have the entire academic semester for which they applied for funding to spend their semi-annual allocation. Groups must make sure to turn in requests for payment and/or reimbursement to ODOS Business Services within at least 60 days from the date of the invoice/cash receipt of any expense or the last day of the semester.