- ED(YOU)CATION, Faculty members discuss the role of liberal arts at a research institution. Join the Facebook page and watch the video.
- Apply to be a Transfer Student Peer Advisor, TSPA applications due February 25th at 4pm, Available here.
- Candlelight Vigil, February 23rd at 7pm in the Amphitheater in honor of Jake Cusano.
- The Alumni Student Cooperative Scholarship, Applications due Friday, April 5th at 5pm. Apply here.
- So You Think You Want to Go to Grad School?, Informative panel for undergraduate students on April 3rd, 5-7pm in the Alumni Hall Ballroom.
- 24th Annual Colonnade Ball, February 22nd from 8pm-12am at the Jefferson Theater. Tickets are $15, available online or on the Lawn.
- SpeakUpUVa, A service offered by Student Council enabling students to voice their concerns or ideas about life around Grounds.
The Transfer Student Peer Advisor (TSPA) Program is a student-run organization designed to help new transfer students become acclimated at the University of Virginia. TSPAs are primary resources for easing the academic and social transition of new transfer students into the University. You do not have to be a transfer student to apply! This program fosters a strong network of transfer students who can rely upon one another for support, friendship and guidance. TSPAs strengthen this network through academic and social programming for new transfer students as well as through close and frequent contact with their advisees. More information and an application are available here. Applications are due February 25th at 4pm! Contact orientation@
A candlelight vigil will be held in honor of Jake Cusano on Saturday, February 23rd at 7 pm in the Amphitheater. Anyone in the UVA community is welcome and encouraged to attend to honor Jake’s memory and support our classmates during this time of tragedy. Additionally, CAPS representatives and student organizations will provide resources to students as well as speak about grieving and coping in the face of tragedy.
So You Think You Want to Go to Grad School? will be on April 3rd, from 5 pm to 7pm in the Alumni Hall Ballroom. Do you find yourself wondering, “Is graduate or professional school right for me? What is it actually like? Is it really worth the effort?” “So You Think You Want to Go to Grad School?” is an informative panel for undergraduate students seeking answers to such questions. The panel will feature U.Va. graduate and professional students from across a range of disciplines weighing in on many aspects of the graduate experience. A food and beverage mixer will follow the event, so third- and fourth-years can stay afterward and chat with the graduate students in person (please bring your ID). For more information, e-mail janellepeifer@virginia.