- Learning in Action, the “front door” to public service, use the website to connect with engagement and service opportunities and more.
- Apply to be an Orientation Leader, learn more about joining the 2013 Summer Orientation Leader Team by going to www.virginia.edu/
- Homecomings Board, tasked with planning, overseeing, and promoting student-organized Homecomings events. Apply today.
- Help fight Obesity, Aurri is a team of students from UVA in the final round of the Partnership for a Healthier America’s grant competition; click to help them advance.
- End Violence against Women, February 14th in the Newcomb Ballroom, Spectrum Theatre and the UVA Women’s Center are proudly sponsoring a rising in Charlottesville.
- SpeakUpUVa, A service offered by Student Council enabling students to voice their concerns or ideas about life around Grounds.
- The New CavDaily, the Cavalier Daily has restructured to a new, more digital format. Find out more information here.
The Learning in Action website (virginia.edu/publicservice) is the hub for public service opportunities at the University. This website is the place to find out more about existing organizations on grounds and in the community, events, public service classes, and much more. If you’re a public service organization that wants to advertise for an event you’re having, submit your event and the site will post it! Send us ideas for the site and suggestions for websites we link to our site, by contacting us at studco-publicservice@virginia.
We would like to invite you to apply to be a member of the Homecomings Board, whose purpose is to plan future Homecomings celebrations at the University of Virginia. The Board is tasked with planning, overseeing, and promoting student-organized Homecomings events. The Board will plan its own Homecomings events as well as coordinating events with other organizations, such as the Class Councils, Student Council, UPC, and CIOs. Apply online through the application available at this link.