- Lighting of the Lawn, 12th Annual on Thursday, December 6th at 7PM.
- On Being Human, Undergraduates lecture on Life, Literature, and everything else. Wednesday, December 5, at 7:15pm in Nau Hall Auditorium
- From the Grounds Up, find out what’s going on with all of this construction. Wednesday, November 28th in Clark 107 at 7pm.
- Look Hoos Talking Nomination, Seeking professor name nominations for Look Hoos Talking, a forum for 8 professors to present their most striking thoughts in only 12 minutes each.
- Ice Hockey Night, come take advantage of great food and drink discounts, a special intermission competition, and more as StudCo kicks of December with UVa Ice Hockey.
- Advising Survey, Help us improve the advising system at UVa. Please share your experience with Student Council about your undergraduate adviser (pre-
- Football Survey, Student Council wants your opinion on many different aspects of Football culture at UVa.
- Spring Break Trip, U.Va Habitat for Humanity Collegiate Challenge Spring Break Trip 2013: Lexington, KY, March 9th – March 17th.
- Put a face to StudCo, come chat with a Representative at 4PM every weekday in Newcomb 164 to raise a concern, ask a question, or just to find out more about what we do!
- SpeakUpUVa, A service offered by Student Council enabling students to voice their concerns or ideas about life around Grounds.
Lighting of the Lawn was conceived in 2001 following the tragedies of September 11th. Lighting of the Lawn is a time to inspire hope through one another and bring the community together in celebration of compassion for others. This year the event is raising money for a charity within the Monticello Area Community Action Agency (MACAA) called Hope House to provide transitional housing for homeless families with children in the Charlottesville area. Join our 12th Annual event on Thursday, December 6th at 7PM at the Lawn.
Presented in cooperation with the Institute for the Humanities & Global Cultures and the Leadership Network, On Being Human is a night of 7 short talks on, very broadly, what it means to be a human. Inspired by TED Talks and Look Hoos Talking, the event is a forum for some of the University’s brightest undergraduates to talk about how they see the world & and their place within it. Each talk will be approximately 8 to 10 minutes in length. It is a night that promises to be thought-provoking, sincere, and a great way to clear your head before finals begin. The speakers will be introduced by Professor Michael Levenson, Director of the Institute for the Humanities & Global Cultures, and William B. Christian Professor of English. Our speakers are: Zainab Al-Sayegh, Emma DiNapoli, Aaron Eisen, Hillary Hurd, Katy Hutto, Eric McDaniel, Charlie Tyson. Wednesday, December 5, at 7:15pm in Nau Hall Auditorium. Attend the facebook event here.
Want to know what’s happening with McCormick Bridge? Want to know when those darn black veils will come off the Rotunda? Come to From the Grounds Up! Listen to a lecture panel speak about ongoing projects on grounds, and get your questions answered! Items to be covered: McCormick Bridge, Rotunda Restoration, Newcomb Dining, New Dorm Construction, UVA BikeShare, Student Memorial Garden, and Future Projects. Food and refreshments will be provided.
The Athletic Affairs committee of Student Council wants your opinion on many different aspects of Football culture at UVA. By answering this survey, it will allow us to specifically target areas that seem to be a concern to make the 2013 Virginia Football Experience even better. Take the survey here.
The U.Va. Student Council President, Executive Board, Representatives, and Presidential & Special Committee Chairs