The Sustainability Committee seeks to build a community of students, staff, faculty, and alumni passionately concerned about sustainability and the world we inhabit, as well as to protect and improve the rights, opportunities, and quality of life for the community through environmental sustainability.
The Equity and Environment Fund, supported by the Civic Engagement Subcommittee, is available for students/student groups for community-based initiatives or projects that sit at the intersection of equity, justice, and sustainability.
Preference will be given to initiatives which:
– Build student, faculty, and staff understanding related to issues of equity, justice, and sustainability through community-engaged activities.
– Establish successful, positive, and sustainable relationships between the university and the broader Charlottesville community.
– Promote a respectful environment at UVA through education and an inclusive dialogue.
– Have observable and measurable benefits to the representation or experiences of historically disadvantaged groups within the Charlottesville and UVA community.
– Uphold values of environmental justice.
Students and student groups can submit applications to fund projects, research, or events on a rolling basis.
Successful applications can include anything that would bring more knowledge of equity and sustainability to students (funding for a guest speaker, a community-based project to get students interacting with the residence of Charlottesville area, etc.). There is no limit to the kind of project(s) — be creative!
Please email email@example.com for any questions, comments, or concerns relating to this application.