Welcome back to grounds! We hope you’re enjoying your classes. In case you’re struggling to keep up with all the work you’re probably being assigned, B+G is putting in some work of our own. Here’s a run-down of just a few of the initiatives that we’re currently working on for the University community:
- UVA Bikeshare: A bikeshare program around grounds to make your commute from A to B a little easier. We’re working with the administration to request proposals and price quotes from vendors.
- “Lighten Up” Campaign: We’re continuing to improve outdoor lighting around grounds to promote safety and security for all members of our community.
- Student Memorial Garden: A completely redesigned space where community members can assemble to reflect loss and celebrate life. We’re in the final stages of planning!
- Parking Initiative: We brought additional parking capacity to the Jefferson Park Avenue area and we’re working to do the same for the student neighborhoods north of grounds!
- Off-Grounds Housing Fair: Hosts representatives from an array of off-grounds housing providers to offer information and help you make informed choices.
- Other projects include improving trash can access around grounds, addressing the safety issue of the Phi Psi “sidewalk” near Mad Bowl, and much more!
Are we missing anything? Contact the B+G chairs: Will Andrewes (wta2cf) or Chris Collins (cjc3bb) if you have concerns or ideas for the Buildings and Grounds Committee or Student Council!